What you don't know about story is costing you. Big time.
Whether you're a writer, a teacher, a non-profiteer, an entrepreneur, or a CEO, chances are that everything you’ve been taught about writing – and about communicating, teaching, and selling – is wrong.
Hey, we also used to think the world was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth. Based on what we knew at the time, it made perfect sense.
Recently there's been the same sort of revolutionary shift in our understanding of story. Because we humans have always loved stories, we've tended to think of them primarily as entertainment, and thus somehow optional. As a result, we've missed their genuine purpose, and the critical biological role that story plays in our daily life.
Get in on the secret of story.
Advances in neuroscience have revealed the hardwired purpose of story, and it’s a game changer. Story is the language of the brain – we think in narrative. Story is the living, breathing cornerstone of evolution. Story isn’t “a” way we make sense of the world. It’s THE way.
Let me teach you why -- and how -- to use this knowledge to become a riveting writer, a gifted communicator, an unstoppable agent of change. You'll learn:
- How – and why – story and the brain developed in tandem.
- Why we use story, and not facts, to make sense of the world.
- What it is that gives story it’s unparalleled power.
- What the brain craves in every story it hears.
- How to create stories that hook readers from the very first sentence.
- How to create stories capable of moving people to action.
I believe that knowing the secret to story can make you one of the most powerful people on the planet. There is nothing I'd love more than to help you get there.